Psi U president denies 2am attempted rape at frat

‘His innocence will be established in the courts’ says attorney

Psi Upsilon President Wolfgang Ballinger will plead not guilty to the sexual assault charges he faces, according to his lawyer.

Attorney James Baker said Ballinger is “not guilty of the charges that have been filed against him.”

He said: “His innocence will be established at the proper time and in the proper place – which is in the courts, not in the media.”

New York native Ballinger, 21, a junior in the School of Hotel Administration, was arrested on Friday after Cornell Police identified him with help from the alleged victim.

He is charged with attempted rape in the first degree, criminal sexual act in the first degree, and sex abuse in the first degree.

Ballinger, 21. Photo: Tompkins County Jail

The victim alleged the assault occurred around 2am on Sunday morning after she was led to a bedroom at 2 Forest Park Lane, the Psi Upsilon house.

Ballinger is accused of forceful oral sex and using his hands to sexually abuse the alleged victim, as well as attempting forcible sexual intercourse.

Ballinger is set to appear in Ithaca City Court on Tuesday, February 9th at 11am for a preliminary hearing.

Cornell University President Elizabeth Garrett released a statement today reaffirming zero tolerance for sexual assault on campus.

She said: “I am deeply disturbed by the allegations of sexual assault involving the president of Psi Upsilon.

“Sexual violence has no place at Cornell, and if these allegations are substantiated, those involved will be held accountable.”

In a now deleted Youtube video, Ballinger spoke of his aspirations within the School of Hotel Administration.

He said: “I believe that my family life and my small town nature has given me the tools to strive as an entrepreneur.

“At a young age I was taught to appreciate the value of hard work, especially self-made work.”

Source: Wolfgang Ballinger/YouTube

His deleted Facebook profile revealed he attended the prestigious Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School on the Upper West Side, reported The Daily Beast.

Psi Upsilon, Ballinger’s fraternity, has been suspended as of Monday, meaning the chapter may not engage in any activities besides the operation of its residence.

The fraternity is ranked #1 on Cornellfrat, where reviewers describe it as a “wealthy house with a great reputation on campus” and “great sorority relations.”

In a statement on Friday, Psi Upsilon’s National Executive Director Thomas Fox said: “Sexual assault, and any form of sexual harassment, is against our policy and in opposition of the values of Psi Upsilon.

“Our chapter is cooperating with Cornell’s investigation into this matter and any members involved will be held accountable.

“The Chi Chapter at Cornell has a distinguished history with the University and we are committed to continuing to be a benefit to Cornell and the Ithaca Community.”

Psi Upsilon at Cornell was also suspended in January 2015 for a drug-related incident, which turned out to be unfounded.

Psi Upsilon, 2 Forest Park Lane

Cornell