Six Women’s Hockey players named to World Championship team roster

That’s a third of the US team

Four current players on the BC Women’s hockey team and two alumnae have been named to the 2016 US Women’s National Team roster.

The Tab BC would like to congratulate senior forwards Alex Carpenter, Haley Skarupa, and Dana Trivigno and sophomore defenseman Megan Keller, along with Emily Pfalzer ’15 and Kelli Stack ’11, on making the squad that will compete in the 2016 IIHF World Championships in Kamloops, British Columbia.

Image thanks to the BC Women’s Hockey twitter

Pfalzer will also be joining two current NWHL teammates from the Buffalo Beauts, and Stack will also have a teammate from the Connecticut Whale.

BC’s six representatives will join 17 other players under coach Ken Klee from Denver to take on Canada in the first matchup on March 28, 10:30 E.T., with quarterfinal, semifinal, and championship games to follow.

According the BC Athletics’ report, “The U.S. will conduct a seven-day training camp in Everett, Wash., March 18-24, ahead of the World Championships. Should Boston College advance to the Frozen Four (March 18 and 20), the Eagles’ national team players would report to the U.S. training camp following the conclusion of the team’s season.”

Before they head off, these BC players will take on Maine this Friday and Saturday for their first series of postseason play in the Hockey East Quarterfinals.

Faceoff is Friday at 2pm, and Saturday at 7pm, as BC strives to maintain it’s perfect (34-0-0) record (24-0-0 HEA).

Congrats and best of luck, ladies!

Boston College