IT’S OFFICIAL: Bernie Sanders is coming to New Haven

This Sunday at 7pm

Bernie Sanders will hold “A Future to Believe In” Rally this Sunday at 7pm on the New Haven Green. He will be joined by Michael Stipe, the singer of band REM.

“It’s exciting,” said junior Fish Stark, who is an undecided Democrat. “I plan to see him, and hopefully it will help me make up my mind.”

On Thursday, New Haven’s parks department issued an open space permit to the campaign, but Sanders’ press secretary had yet to confirm the event.

Today, the event was listed as an “official” campaign event on BernieSanders.com.

“I am more than ecstatic about it,” said junior Ruben Vega Perez who supports Bernie. “New Haven has a long history of being a very liberal city so I think a huge crowd is to be expected.”

There’s at least one Yale student who’s not happy about Bernie coming to Elm City, though: “To me, Bernie is just as dangerous as Trump” said a conservative sophomore who wishes to remain anonymous. “They’re two sides of the same coin.”

Doors will open to the public at 4 p.m. and people will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Signs, chairs and bags are prohibited.

Yale University