Everything you have to do with your parents when they visit

These suggestions will make for the perfect weekend

FAC at the KK or UU

Where shall we even start? Arriving sometime on Friday? Take them to FAC, especially if you usually have a tough time getting into the KK. Any Wisconsin bar lets you drink with your parents which makes UW-Madison parents' weekend extra fun. If they're picking you up from class, start the weekend out strong by catching up over drinks at one of your favorite campus bars.

Saturday morning famers' market

After a night on the town, show your parents a more organic side of Madison by finding beautiful flowers and meeting people from all over Dane County at the Farmers' Market. If you haven't heard yet, you must try the cinnamon bread, it's a fan favorite. The outdoor market is open from April 8 – November 11 from 6:15 am until 1:45 pm at Capital Square, and it is definitely worth the stop.

Farmers Market!

Farmers Market!

Brunch

After walking around the capital for a bit too long, you're going to be pretty hungry – and thirsty. Be it Short Stack, Sunroom, DLux, or Basset Street Brunch Club, make sure to stop for some hearty breakfast. If you're already by the capital, try DLux and don't forget to order a Bloody Mary or bottomless mimosas. If the line at Short Stack is bearable, stop and try as much on the menu as possible – its fresh and delicious; they're also open nonstop 6 am Saturday until 9 pm Sunday. Sunroom is a staple to any UW student be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you can't make it to Short Stack, Basset has some of the best donuts in town.

Short Stack Eatery

Short Stack Eatery

Go to a Badger Game

Although football season is winding down, maybe they'll still make it in town for a game! The question is always, do I sell my student section ticket to sit with them or do I ditch them for a bit? That one is up to you but be sure to show them what makes Game Day a holiday. Maybe even give your mom your Badgeralls for the day.

Jump Around!!

Jump Around!!

Stop by the Historical Society to prove you spend time in the library

Your parents will be pleasantly surprised if you decide to take them on a trip to the library, especially if you are planning on drinking the rest of the weekend. They always hear about how hard you're working, so you might as well show them! It's always good to emphasize the work hard part of the work hard, play hard mentality we have here at Wisconsin. Just make sure to do this Friday or Saturday because it's closed on Sunday's.

Historical Society

Historical Society

Vroom vroom, no Uber for the weekend

If your parents bring or rent a car, that means going to Hilldale, hitting up Target, and really grabbing whatever you need that you don't normally have. Get the groceries from Trader Joe's that you can only get every once in a blue moon. Hey, maybe you're even craving some Chick-Fil-A – you could get some of that too.

Saturday night at the KK

Hopefully some of your friends' parents are in town too and can celebrate with you. If you go early enough you can beat the line but if not, it is still worth the wait. Nothing is better than seeing some Badger moms dancing on tables. Especially if you missed FAC, you definitely want to go Saturday night.

End a great weekend by having a brat and a beer on the Terrace

There's nothing like sitting at Memorial Union to wind down from your long weekend. Especially with the renovations and additions, the area is a great place to look out on to the lake and catch a breath of fresh air. Don't be too sad when saying goodbye, because there's always next parents' weekend.

The Union

The Union

University of Wisconsin