Bronson Koenig deserves a spot in the NBA after his heartwarming plea to NBA GMs

He’s the best shooter in his draft class

Everyone at Wisconsin knows Bronson Koenig as an all-star player whose skills will be greatly missed next year. He led the Badgers in points per game last season and averaged 2.9 three pointers per game.

Koenig said he knew his name wasn’t in mock drafts at the end of the season but he planned to prove himself during workouts with different teams. Unfortunately multiple injuries have prevented him from doing so.

Koenig took to The Players’ Tribune to make his case.

“Dear NBA GMs, I’m the best shooter in this year’s draft class,” Koenig says.

Some may say this is a bold statement, but Wisconsinites who have seen Koenig in action will likely agree. He’s an animal on the court, and he holds the record for Wisconsin’s all-time leading three point shooter.

“I really do believe I’m the best midrange and three-pointer shooter available this year,” Koenig writes.

Throughout the article, Koenig cites more reasons why he would be successful in the NBA. For example, former Wisconsin stars Sam Dekker and Frank Kaminsky say that he can compete with NBA players. His ability as a leader is clear, as he led Wisconsin to a Sweet Sixteen appearance last year while also winning the 2017 Most Courageous Award from the U.S. Basketball Writers Association for supporting the protests at the Standing Rock reservation in North Dakota.

All of this makes Koenig an outstanding player but he says what really sets him apart from the rest of the pack is his work ethic.

“I’m the guy who’s been willing to sacrifice everything extra in my life for the pursuit of this game,” Koenig said.

If it were me, Koenig would be the first draft pick.

Wisconsin is rooting for you 24.

University of Wisconsin