UW-Madison student claims he has been ‘personally victimized’ by Kellogg’s Pop-tarts

Don’t worry he was awarded free Pop-Tarts for his ‘trauma’

It all started on a February morning when UW-Madison student Brett Struthers decide he wanted to have a Pop-Tart for breakfast. He was immediately disappointed with the icing to Pop-Tart ratio, so he took to Pop-Tarts’ Facebook page to report the problem.

“Just casually eating my favorite cookies and cream Pop-Tart this morning to start my day off well! Literally have never felt more cheated in my life. #youhadonejob” Struthers posted on Pop-Tarts wall.   

Pop-Tarts responded immediately, “So sorry we missed the mark, Brett! when you have a moment, please send us a private message with the product’s UPC and DAte Code, along with your mailing address. I’d like to report your experience to our quality team and do my best to remove this trauma from your morning of homework! Thanks!”

According to Struthers, Kellogg’s is sending him a coupon for a free box of Pop-Tarts, but before Pop-Tarts could respond Struthers created a gofundme for his trauma.

Struthers said he made the page entirely as a joke, and said he does not want anyone to donate to the cause. Some of the comments on Struthers post are hilarious and brutal, as you can see below.

Struthers said he is pleased with Pop-Tarts response and only made the post in hopes of gaining free Pop-Tarts, which he will be receiving.

“It was fun to play around, and I hope it gave people a laugh. I was in no way actually traumatized,” Struthers said. “I will continue to purchase Pop-Tarts in the future. Ask anyone I always have a box in my room. It’s such an easy breakfast.”

University of Wisconsin