UW-Madison Uber drivers tell their stories of their craziest customers

Some of these people definitely didn’t get a five star rating

The great rapper madeintyo wasn’t lying when he said “Uber everywhere.” Its true – everyone today seems to use the ever-so-successful app that has changed the way we travel from place to place. While some passengers get a kick about their “weird” Uber drivers, the drivers seem to have plenty of interesting stories up their sleeves as well. Here are some of the strangest stories as told by Uber drivers

The not so happy ending

“I was once picking up at couple going to a shopping mall. The man gets out of the car and the woman stays in the car. It looked as if they were boarding up a certain store within the mall. The man hopped back in the car and asked me to take him someplace else when all of a sudden another man comes up the couple and starts to question them. The investigator said “these are the people I am looking for” and arrested them. Turns out they owned a massage parlor that got busted for prostitution.” – Charles

Some people need a little help

“I was driving this girl who just seemed a little weird. I was taking her to some psychiatrist because she told me all of her friends thought she needed to talk someone and she was nuts. She, however, told me she thought she was perfectly fine and didn’t think she needed to go see someone. I was happy to be taking her there.” – Micahel

A game of back and forth

“About two weeks ago I was taking someone to the airport and about five minutes into the trip she realized she forgot something so I took her back home and then to the airport. My next passenger after her was going to the airport as well. A little while into the trip she ALSO forgot something at home and we had to go back and then again to the airport!” – Abeer

Suitcases and instruments

“I have two interesting stories. I once picked up a man who had two big suitcases with him. I assumed he was going to the airport, but instead the address was a club. I asked him what he was doing going to a club with his suitcases. He said his costumes were inside and he was a drag queen. Another funny story I have is about a man who got into my car with his cello. He put the cello in the front seat and buckled it in while he got into the back. He said he rather the cello have the airbag than himself.” – Harry

A Festival Foods love story

“I’ve only been an Uber driver for about one month. But this guy he’s a big boned heavy set man who works at festival market ended up in my car for four consecuative days going to the same place. His name was Dave. I felt like I was in a sitcom, because everytime I went to accept a ride it was him! We spoke about his shifts at work and made other small talk. We became buddy buddy. Then one day a few weeks later my girlfriend (who really doesn’t know anyone here and assumes I don’t either because we just moved to Madison) and I went to Festival market to pick up a chicken. Who but Dave is walking down the isle and screams “Hey John what’s going on?” My girlfriend looks at me and goes “Who’s your boyfriend?” It was comical.” – John

An uber exorcism

“One time I took a girl home from a night out and she was telling me all of the weird things kept happening. She said at night spirits would come and sit on her chest so she couldn’t fall asleep. I’m a minister, so at the end of the ride I did a prayer of deviance for her. “ – Thomas

Pick-up gone wrong

“Someone once gave me the wrong address to pick them up at so I was sitting in a random driveway for about ten minutes. He then eventually called me and told me where to go and I went and picked him up. After completing his trip I drove back home to my house and found 5 police cars in my driveway. Turns out the wrong house thought I was trying to break in and took down my plate and called the police.” – Anonymous

Greedy guests

“I used to offer people a piece of gum or a mint. But then I found passengers wouldn’t give the pack back and put the entire thing in their bags. I stopped offering the treats.” – Michael

University of Wisconsin