We asked UW-Madison students how soon they broke their New Year’s resolutions

The clock strikes midnight and the new year begins. January 1st not only marks the earth completing one full rotation around the sun, but also the start of resolutions people […]

The clock strikes midnight and the new year begins. January 1st not only marks the earth completing one full rotation around the sun, but also the start of resolutions people plan to uphold going forward. Of course, most of these plans are never upheld and given up on a little too quickly. Here are some resolutions students made and gave up on within the first month of the new year.

“I wanted to eat healthier but not feel like I’m limiting myself. I broke that when I ate Gotham this morning though.” – Becca D.

“I wanted to stop biting my nails but as soon as the ball dropped I bit them.” – Sydney F.

“My resolution was to work out at least three times a week but I broke that around January 10th when I realized I only worked out twice” – Nikki

“To eat McDonalds twice a month. Haven’t broken it.” – Jordan F.

“To get ripped for spring break – haven’t been to the gym yet.” – Jake S.

“My resolution was to stop eating chocolate before bed, but I’m naughty so I broke itJanuary 3rd” – Michael D

.

“My new years resolution was to become the best darts player in all of Wisconsin” – Jacob R.

.

“ To not dance on elevated surfaces as much. Broke it on Saturday night” – Gabby G.

“Honestly I didn’t really make one, I always say I’ll try to eat healthy and I have yet to start it.” – Emily P.

“To not drunk text but I woke up on New years day unsure about why I received certain messages” – Anonymous

“To complete a cleanse my gym teacher suggested, but I couldn’t even last a day.” – Lexi K.

.

“To stop drunk snapchatting, but we all know that didn’t last long.” -Morgan S

“The classic I’m going to eat healthier, but I broke that almost immediately.” – Karina H

Although resolutions are not always followed, it’s important to set goals and work hard every day. Happy New Year!

University of Wisconsin