UW-Madison alt-right supporter has committed arson on black churches

Leader of the UW alt-right movement has served time for hate crimes

UW-Madison student and alt-right activist, Daniel Dropik, has served time in federal prison for setting fire to two primarily black churches.

According to Channel 3000, court records show Dropik, 33, pleaded guilty to setting fires to Greater Love Missionary Baptist Church in Milwaukee and Trinity African Methodist Episcopal Church in Lansing, Michigan in 2005, both churches had predominately African American congregations.

Dropik’s sentence for these charges was 5 years and 3 months in federal prison.

Dropik allegedly set the fires as retaliation for a physical altercation he got in with African-Americans at a party who have no relation to the church.

UW officials confirmed in addition to being a student Dropik is also an hourly employee of the University.

Chancellor Rebecca Blank made a statement once she was made aware of Dropik’s criminal history.

“We will not tolerate discrimination against any student. We also will not tolerate harassment, threats, hate crimes or violence against any student.”

Blank also stated she has been heartened to see many students advocating against the views the “alt-right” embodies.

Any student who witnesses any sort of hate, threats, or violence should report it to the UWPD immediately.

If you would like to get involved in the fight against the alt-right movement The Student Coalition for Progress is holding a protest at Bascom Hill Tuesday at 5pm.

University of Wisconsin