The most annoying Snapchat stories

We are all guilty of at least one of these

Snapchat is a great way to connect with new people you meet, and  stay in touch with your old friends! While it’s great to stay updated on friends’ lives, there are some snaps that we really don’t care about or want to see.

Endless boyfriend/girlfriend snaps

We get it. You may be finally reunited and get the chance to spend some long-awaited time with your boyfriend/girlfriend. While this might be an extremely special occasion for you, the rest of the world probably doesn’t care that much. And, they for sure don’t want to click through endless selfies of you two on your Snapchat story. Instead of showing all of your Snapchat friends how much you love each other, how about you show that to your significant other.

Partying snaps

As much as you think multiple blurry Snapchat videos of you and your college friends drunkenly singing along to “Closer” while laughing and holding a drink is entertaining, it’s actually just annoying. Documenting your entire night out with a 100-second snap story takes away from the enjoyment of actually going out at night. We don’t need hourly updates on how much fun you’re having.

Concert videos

There is nothing more annoying than having to click through video after video of a concert on Snapchat. If we wanted to see the band live, we would’ve gotten a ticket. Plus, these videos always turn out blurry and loud, and it’s likely we hear the band over you belting the lyrics anyway. I know it may seem tempting to show your friends how good the concert is, but chances are we’re just going to skip through these videos.

Hot dogs or legs vacation pics

You know the snap. This picture is usually of a girl’s legs while tanning, with a pool or the beach in the background. Bonus points if the Snapchat has the temperature added, the sunglasses emoji, or a tropical geotag. The last thing I want to see when I’m stuck in the freezing Midwest is a picture of your warm and relaxing vacation. Because yes, I am extremely jealous.

“Who’s awake?” snaps

These snaps most likely consist of a black screen with the phrase “Who’s awake right now?” and the time (probably later than 3 am). These stories are extremely pointless because chances are most people are already asleep when you post it, and the people who aren’t are probably busy partying or having a late-night Netflix sesh anyways. It’s not worth staying up that late just to try and start a random conversation with one of your Snapchat followers. If I were you, I would just go to sleep.

Starbucks cups

Yes, we are all aware of Starbucks products. Some of us buy a drink every day (or even more than once per day…sorry bank account), so we are more than familiar with what the different drinks look like. We already know the baristas are horrible at spelling seemingly normal names, and Starbucks changes their cup design in the winter. Please just drink your six dollar coffee in peace.

Airport Snaps

“I wish I was as cultured and well-traveled as the people who post using the airport geotag”…thought no one ever. I’m so happy that you’re on your way to an adventurous vacation, but if I have the time to look at your boring Snapchat story, chances are my life is a heck of a lot less exciting and eventful than yours, and I am instantly jealous. Thank you for sharing anyways.

Food that isn’t absolutely amazing

I am more than happy to watch Snapchat stories of food…if it looks utterly delicious. If you try out a new outstanding restaurant and want to share that with the world, go right ahead. That extremely average looking sandwhich you had for lunch, however, is not worthy of my time.

Weather updates

While you might find it completely mind-blowing that there’s snow outside and may feel the need to post it on your story, it is completely pointless. I have a window. I have the weather app on my phone. I am very capable of noticing a slight change in the weather without your updates.

Post workout snaps

Nothing makes me feel lazier than when I tap through my Snapchat stories and see a gym mirror selfie (most often with the flexing arm emoji). While you might want to spend your time at the gym getting in shape, I am spending my time sleeping in until noon every day and binge-watching the Kardashians. We get that you’re healthy and motivated, but some of us enjoy being couch-potatoes, and don’t want to be reminded of our extreme laziness.

Overuse of the dog filter

The dog filter on Snapchat has been way overused by white girls everywhere. Yes, everyone is guilty of sending the occasional dog filter selfie, but that doesn’t mean I need to see it posted countless times. Let’s get a little more creative and take advantage of the flower-crown or face-swap filters.

I think we can all agree these Snapchats can be left in 2016.

University of Wisconsin