UW student arrested for sexual assault tells alleged victim ‘I’m going to rape you now’

UW-Madison student was on LSD when he was accused of sexual assault

Last Thursday, UW-Madison student, Alec Shiva was arrested in Sellery residence hall after being accused of sexual assault.

According to Channel 3000, Shiva, 18, and the alleged victim had traveled to Bascom Hall to participate in a protest, but quickly turned around when Shiva started complaining of people trying to kill him and other paranoid thoughts. The cause of this paranoia was the hallucinogenic drug, LSD, which Shiva had taken earlier that evening.

The girl walked Shiva back to his dorm room in Sellery Residence Hall where he instantly became aggressive. After locking the deadbolt, he pushed her to the bed and started kissing, licking, and biting her face, neck, and torso. Her struggles and cries for help came inconclusive. After a short while, Shiva told the her “I’m going to rape you now is that okay?” and proceeded to deprive her of air with strangulation tactics and covering of her mouth and nose.

A knock at the door startled Shiva and the girl was able to escape his attack. A bystander attempted to help the her and effectively evaded an aggressive Shiva who had just broken multiple pieces of UW property in his room.

According to the UWPD, Shiva was arrested at about 8pm on charges of second degree sexual assault, strangulation, false imprisonment, criminal damage to property, and disorderly conduct. At the time of arrest, Police noticed Shiva was under the strong influence of drugs.

When asked, Shiva’s roommate told police the student was not new to the drug. He stated Shiva used LSD anywhere from three to five times a week. However, his actions had never reflected what they had become Thursday under its influence. After searching the dorm room with a warrant, police found nearly 50 dabs of LSD, marijuana, and other drug related items.

Shiva is on emergency suspension from UW-Madison. As of Monday, he signed a signature bond totalling $3,000 after making his initial appearance in Dane County Court.

University of Wisconsin