University of Wisconsin – Stout foreign exchange student killed

Hussain Saeed Alnahdi, an exchange student from Saudi Arabia, died Monday morning after being brutally assaulted

University of Wisconsin – Stout and Menomonie Police Department are investigating the unexpected death of Hussain Saeed Alnahdi, a foreign exchange student from Saudi Arabia, who was brutally attacked early Sunday morning.

Alnahdi, 24, was assumed to be ending an evening of barhopping in downtown Menomonie when he was attacked at approximately 2am. His severely injured body was left near the Toppers Pizza location.

Hussain Saeed Alnahdi, 24, was a junior studying business administration.

Alnahdi died Monday morning from the injuries he sustained the night before. Arrests regarding the incident have yet to be made, however, Menomonie Police Department is treating this case as a homicide.

Flowers added to a memorial for Hussain Saeed Alnahdi after his life was taken. Credit: UW-Stout

Police doubt there are continued threats to the community related to this incident. However, they urge anyone with information to come forward. Police are offering $15,000 for anyone with valid information that could lead them to a person responsible to the incident. A reward of $5,000 has also been donated by the Council on Islamic-American Relations for any information that will lead to justice for Alnahdi.

If you know any information regarding the case contact Kelley Pollock at 715-231-8511 or text “TIPDUNN” with your message to 274637 (CRIMES).

University of Wisconsin