Girls who save their friends from creeps in bars are true heroes

When we’re on the frontline, we’re all sisters

So you let that guy buy you a drink, because it’s against your personal code to say no to free alcohol, but now he won’t leave you alone. We’ve all been there, myself included. Then, you’re standing there, afraid of the confrontation but not at all interested in continuing the strained conversation about your major and his bedroom. So, you make discrete but decidedly maintained eye contact with your girlfriend across the bar and she cruises to your rescue faster than you can say “vodka lemonade.”

First of all, to all my ladies out there, there are a million and a half reasons why you can and should just tell this guy to “fuck off” but it’s also totally fair to be uncomfortable with confrontation, and that’s why it’s always good to have your girl squad to back you up and sometimes to bail you out.

Girls who save other girls from creepy guys are the most admirable and valuable real-life heroes, and bonus points are awarded for rescuing strangers. Although no girl is really a stranger when you’re out at the same club on a Thursday night– it doesn’t matter if you just met bonding over your sweaty hair in the bathroom five minutes ago or if you’ve never even said hello. When you’re on the frontline, you’re all sisters.

So here’s how to get it done.

It’s usually not too hard to spot: she looks uninterested and uncomfortable and she’s making more eye contact with her drink than she is with the guy standing way too close to her.

“Do you have to pee?” Yea probably…

It’s really not hard to navigate either. You have a few options, most of which include playing the part of the “probably too drunk” friend and falling all over your fellow club cat. Some rescue lines you could try out include but aren’t limited to:

“Oh my gosh, it’s our song!”

“Do you have to pee?”

“I haven’t seen you in forever”

“Omg, you’ll never guess what Katie just said”

“Let’s go get another round!”

And my personal favorite and probably the easiest to pull off: “Let’s dance”

Now that you’re properly equipped with sufficient anti-creep ammo, go out there and save your sisters!

University of Wisconsin