The best fake ID stories

I literally can’t do math and didn’t know the right year I told her I was born in 1930, which means I would be 86

The fake ID struggle is SO real. Trying to find someone who is your height, has the same eye color, and wasn’t born before 1990 isn’t the easiest mission. On top of that, remembering the ID details three minutes before walking into a bar doesn’t always turn out too well. But sometimes, with terrible fakes come hilarious encounters and unforgettable memories. Here are a few fake ID stories to brighten up your day.

“One time at the alcohol store the lady was checking my ID and asked what I was doing with all that alcohol. I said pregaming for a sweet 16” – Dylan

I lost an odds are to go into the Kollege Klub with a buffalo wild wings crown on one game day and promptly got my ID taken” –Allison

“I got through airport security with my fake ID” – Sari

“Freshmen year when leaving a bar, a cop stopped me and my friend and we convinced him  yes we were underage, but they let us in without fake IDs because they know us. He then asked for our IDs to write us a ticket and I was so drunk I confused my fake for my real and literally started to hand him my fake, realized what it was, and attempted to slip it back into my bra. Needless to say I ended up getting my fake taken and a fat ticket” – Sophie

“Senior year of high school I was trying to buy alcohol at the drug store at home that I always go to, and the lady started questioning my ID and asking what year I was born. I looked behind the register and saw my friends mouthing 93 but all I got was the 3, and because I literally can’t do math and didn’t know the right year I told her I was born in 1930… Which means I would be 86.” –Rachel

“My friend handed her fake to the SAT proctor and she wasn’t allowed to take the test” –Orli

“My friends and I homemade Australian fakes and they’re super janky but still work at a majority of places… the only thing a bouncer ever said to me was ‘this is literally a laminated piece of paper do you have anything else to prove your identity?’” –Chelsea

“I got a two for $40 deal on mine and instead of saying RED for my hair color it says BED” –Megan

“I once used a girls fake ID and told the bouncer I got a haircut. I’m a boy.” –Josh

“At FAC last week I gave the KK bouncer my espresso royale punch card instead of my ID” –Marley

“One time I was buying a bottle of wine at the supermarket because my friend forgot her ID and the cashier looks at me and goes “Happy Birthday!” and I was so shocked and confused and said “Ohhhhh thank you” because it was my birthday on my fake.” –Natalie

“I got my fake ID taken away in Michigan, received a ticket, and was forced to go to Alcoholics Anonymous and do community service.” –Nicole

“A bouncer asked for my address on my fake and I said “Tulsa.”” –Caroline

“I accidentally presented my fake ID at the end of an exam. Not good.” –Melanie

“When the bouncer asked what year I graduated college I said 2004 instead of 2014. That would mean I’m 34 years old.” –Sophie

While finding the perfect fake might not be an easy task, don’t worry too much. Some of the best nights are spent barhopping and laughing with friends back in your room after being rejected from every place. Sit tight, you’ll be 21 soon enough!

University of Wisconsin