The Badgers’ track record proves they can beat Michigan

Wolverines, be scared.

“We’re doomed against the Wolverines,” “Ohio State’s gonna kill us,” “It won’t even be close!” All of these statements have been circulating campus in anticipation of the upcoming Badger football games against Michigan and Ohio State.

Let’s stop with the negativity, and give the Badgers some credit! No team has accomplished more than Badger Football has so far this season, yet it seems like no football fans have truly appreciated Wisconsin’s success. The Badger’s are definitely the most underrated football team right now, and it’s time to give them the respect they have earned.

Instead of worrying about the future, let’s take a look at everything the Badgers have accomplished so far. The team is 4-0 this season, and is ranked 8th in the country. On top of that, they have a great set of wins so far against LSU and Michigan State. They are the only team in college football with two wins over top ten teams. It’s been a long time since a Big Ten team beat two Top 10 teams this early in the season. They take “On Wisconsin” to a whole new level.

Not only have the Badgers had some impressive wins this season, but they have overcame a variety of obstacles to do so. Right before the season, the team lost one of their best offensive linemen, Voltz, due to injuries. Along with this, one of their best running backs, Clement, was coming off of a major surgery. In the LSU game, the Badgers played a first-time starter, Houston, as quarterback. Adding to the challenge, the Badgers had to start a freshman quarterback, Hornibrook, against the Spartans.

Even with all of these setbacks, the Wisconsin Badgers still dominated. LSU was only able to score because of an interception return and a Badger fumble. The game was a close 16-14, but it was only because of a few Wisconsin errors. Errors that can easily be worked on and worked out before the next game. If the Badgers would have taken better care of the ball, LSU wouldn’t have even stood a chance. The game against Michigan State had similar errors, but the Badgers still wrecked the Spartans 30-6. It wasn’t even close!

Yet, these wins seem to be lost in the past, and instead football fans are turning their attention to the future match ups. Yes, the Badgers are playing Michigan and Ohio State, two of the best football teams in the country, but let’s not forget all they’ve overcame and all they’ve achieved. Instead of focusing on the challenges the team has yet to face, we should be proud of the challenges they’ve already conquered.

Don’t count Badger Football out just yet. Badger fans, be confident your team is going to give it their all in Michigan this weekend. Wolverines get ready, because the Badgers are about to bring it.

University of Wisconsin