Do’s and don’ts of Badger gameday fashion

Are you ready to hit the gameday runway?

As summer comes to a close, our beloved college town begins to fill with excitement as returning students, and baby badgers settle into their new homes. Although we should be thinking about the start of the fall semester and preparing for rigorous class loads, we are more concerned with the kick-off of Badger football season this Saturday at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI. Thousands of devoted fans will make the trek to see their team play LSU in a game that will go down in history. Careful planning for transportation, lodging, and tailgating is in the works and there is already buzz about what to wear to the event. Here are my do’s and don’ts of Badger game day fashion.

Do wear red

Show your pride by wearing sconnie’s signature color. Whether you wear it head to toe or just a touch here and there, you will be dressed to represent. Not to mention, vibrant red will make all of your Instagram posts pop off the page!

Don’t forget sunglasses

You might not think you need them, but the moment you are standing on those bleachers with the sun beating down, you’ll wish you had them. A pair of stylish shades will relieve your eyes from squinting, create better visibility, and hide any eye make up you smudged or sweat off during the day’s festivities.  

Do rock a retro look

Your mom’s old Levis and a scrunchie never looked better. Something about 80s and 90s inspired clothing has a more sporty feel to it. You’ll be cute and comfy for hours in cropped t-shirts and slouchy sweatshirts.

Don’t over accessorize

Chances are you will be participating in tailgate activities like flip cup where heavy bracelets or scarves maybe get in the way of your team’s success. Inside the game, long earrings or bags could catch on other spectators during “Jump Around” possibly cause injury to yourself or your fashion pieces.

Do wear sensible footwear

Most badger fans spend the majority of game days on their feet, so naturally opting for a comfortable shoe is the way to go. With the wide range of sneakers and supportive sandals on the market right now, selecting a shoe to complete your look should be fun.

Remember these rules as we head into football season, and you’ll be sure to have a successful and stylish game day experience. On Wisconsin!

University of Wisconsin