Month update: How to celebrate every day in May

May ain’t just for mothers

While Mother’s Day may be the most well known of the celebrations in May, we’ve broken down day by day what to celebrate throughout the month.

1st – Mother Goose Day

Pay homage to your favorite rhymester: Jack and Jill went up the hill…

2nd – Baby Day

I’m sure you can bend the rules and make this count for baby animals, too.

Or cuddle a tiny kitten.

3rd – Hug Your Cat Day

Some celebrate this day on June 4th. Feel free to celebrate both. Hell, make every day Hug Your Cat Day.

4th – Star Wars Day

May the fourth be with you.

5th – Cinco de Mayo

Celebrate Mexican and Hispanic pride and culture! Please no cultural appropriation.

6th – No Diet Day

A free cheat day! Except for people like me, when every day is a cheat day…

7th – National Tourism Day

Walk right up to a CW tour group and thank them for keeping our little historic town in business

8th – Mother’s Day

If you’re not home yet, make sure to give your mum a call and thank the heck out of her, at the very least.

9th – Lost Sock Memorial Day

Pray that those lost in the laundry are resting somewhere dry and warm, and not soaking in the nether regions of a washing machine.

10th – Clean up your room day

Especially if you’re leaving campus soon.

11th – National Twilight Zone Day

“You are about to enter another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!”

12th – Limerick Day

The perfect day to bring out all of your “There once was a boy from Nantucket…” poems.

13th – Blame Someone Else Day

Didn’t finish that final paper? Blame someone else. (Note: this only [not at all] works for this day, and if used the day before or after this day, it still won’t be a valid excuse. Please be prepared to face the consequences of your actions)

14th – National Train Day

I’m sure Sheldon Cooper will be celebrating this day to the fullest.

15th – National Chocolate Chip Day

For those of you graduating, celebrate with all the chocolate chip cookies your heart desires.

16th – Wear Purple for Peace Day

World peace? Nope, universal peace. Aliens, please come in peace!

17th – National Pack Rat Day

Normally, hoarding is frowned upon, but this is the perfect day for you to admire all those Beanie Babies from your childhood that you kept in the hopes they could be worth something.

18th – International Museum Day

Get educated, y’all! Spend a day of summer wandering through a local art museum.

19th – National Devil’s Food Cake Day

Indulge in your most chocolatey desires.

20th – Be a Millionaire Day

When all else fails, buy a lottery ticket… Just one though.

21th – National Waiters and Waitresses Day

You should always treat people in hospitality with respect, but today, take extra care to be kind to those serving you food.

22nd – Buy a Musical Instrument Day

You know you’ve always wanted to learn how to play the banjo. Just go for it!

23rd – Lucky Penny Day

If only people were walking around making it ~hail~ with change all day. Just make sure Pres. Lincoln is staring right back at you before you pick up any pennies!

24th – National Escargot Day

They’re really not as bad as people think.

25th – Tap Dance Day

Break out your childhood tap shoes and shuffle around the house. Or watch your preschool dance videos. Both will be super fun.

26th – Sally Ride Day

Celebrate the first American woman in space.

27th – Sunscreen Day

Sport that white pasted nose with pride! No sunburns in our house!

28th – International Jazz Day

This is Kenny G.’s day to shine! They do say the saxophone is the sexiest instrument.

29th – End of Middle Ages Day

Today in 1452, apparently the Middle Ages ended. Thank God we don’t have to live like the people in GOT, fam.

30th – Memorial Day

Wear white again, have a picnic, and remember those who gave their lives for freedom and this country.

31st – World No Tobacco Day

Chew or smoke tobacco? Kick the habit today! Future you will thank you.

William & Mary: College of William and Mary