It’s official – Virginia Tech is one of the top five schools in the state

Go Hokies

Forbes just released their list of America’s Top Colleges and Virginia Tech was listed at….. wait for it… 118.

118?

That’s behind Wake Forest, Miami and the school down I-64 (that I refuse to name). Well, we all know better – don’t take this list so seriously.

Campus-wide cookouts and picnics? We got ’em!

While I’m sure we all appreciate the kind words from Forbes regarding our engineering program, the Corps of Cadets and our motto “Ut Prosim,” I think we should provide some constructive criticism.

Forbes must be on some new drug, because Tech was just ranked #1 for best college food by Niche. I mean, shouldn’t that be a pretty huge part of your ranking criteria?  How can it be a great place to study if the food sucks?

Secondly, we must respectfully point out our athletic programs to Forbes. Yes, the past four years have been a struggle for our football team, but we are regularly featured on Thursday night and hold the longest bowl streak in the country.

Our wrestling and women’s soccer programs are national powerhouses, and the basketball squad made the NIT this year. There are plenty of reasons our students have so much Hokie Pride.

Tech students can enjoy nature at places near campus like Dragon’s Tooth or Cascade Falls

I’m sorry, but Carleton College in the top 30 and Tufts University at #18? Do they even have sports at these schools?

VT also boasts high student happiness and quality of life. But don’t take my word for it, take a look at last year’s Princeton Review:

• #2 for Happiest Students
  • #3 for Best Campus Food
  • #4 for Best Quality of Life
  • #4 for Town-Grown Relations
  • #8 for Race/Class Interaction
  • #18 for Best Run Colleges

We appreciate your effort, Forbes, we really do. But it’s our duty to point out your mistake at putting us at #118. We hope you’ll take these facts into consideration and properly rank Virginia Tech accordingly.

Virginia Tech