Why do none of us question Kwik Sak’s existence?

‘One sec I just gotta run in and get my nut real quick’

DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK KWIK SAK IS HILARIOUS?

Come on, we have a gas station across the street from our campus and all it insinuates is balls.

Great beer selection, but when I’m inside all I can think of is how I’m inside a small grocery and utilities store that refers to a sack but spells it S-A-K.

According to the Yellow Pages, there are more than 25 Kwik Sak locations throughout the greater Nashville area. In fact, there are even some happy variations on the name, such as a Sak Kawik in Ashland City and a Kwik Sak Supermercado on Plus Park Blvd, wherever that is.

We’re lucky: this chain is exclusively in Nashville. It’s currently a subsidiary of Marathon Oil and Petroleum. In case you’re interested in that kind of thing.

At one time in Nashville’s history, the idea of the eye-catching-yet-incorrect spelling could have been a great local marketing strategy. However, I’m a biology major – I’ve never taken a marketing or business class in my life – so I can only form an opinion from my own personal experiences.

And hell yeah, I’m more likely to buy things from a gas station called Kwik Sak than from one called Exxon.

But what baffles me more, is that we all just accept this name as perfectly normal. Like the Pube @ Overcup, my nickname, Lildo, or the Randwich line.

Every time I say “Hey, haha, that place is called Kwik Sak,” no one laughs. In fact, I just receive looks of disgust. It’s like I’m making a bad joke. But I really think Kwik Sak is hilarious. I don’t know why they let me into Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt