Gossip Squirrel have released a second parody video targeting VSG candidates

This time they’ve focussed on Ariana Fowler’s campaign

A second parody video mocking Vanderbilt Student Government Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates has been released, this time targeting Ariana Fowler and Taylor Gutierrez.

The video included Frank Underwood explaining how “there are two types of Vice Presidents: doormats and matadors”, played over photoshopped versions of the two VP candidates.

It also featured a new slogan: “It’s time for a fresh tart”. The video is edited so Taylor appears to say, “[the election is] about meetings behind closed doors, deals under the table”.

The video also highlighted the connection between both candidates and Jackson Vaught, the current Speaker of the VSG Senate, and seemed to playfully suggest that Jude and Ariana are puppets in his plan for ultimate domination.

Senior VSG members are also being targeted. Vaught’s face appears here in an image posted on www.vsg2016blog.wordpress.com

The video’s description suggested the Student Government wants complete control of campus:

“Beyond merely reaching those corners of campus, we believe it’s time that the organization turn outward and take over all student organizations, departments, and municipal governments”.

Illuminati confirmed?

I managed to keep a straight face until “fresh tart”, lost it when The X-Files theme started playing, then chuckled again when I read “#vsglipscombacquisition” in the video description.

The creator definitely took advantage of the interesting decision made by Ariana’s campaign team to use the theme song of House of Cards, with the protagonist in this show being the manipulative murderer, President Frank Underwood.

The videos raise many of the criticisms that have been directed at Ariana and Jude mainly over social media. However, it does seem likely that name tarnishing and mockery will make students less likely to run for VSG President in the future.

Vanderbilt’s hopes of a positive and uneventful Presidential Election have been crushed by the Newcomer controversy, and now these parodies, which were both signed “xoxo Gossip Squirrel”.

Vanderbilt