Hillary Clinton is in Nashville

She’s with Fitz from Scandal and they were both in Fido’s

Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential frontrunner, is currently in Nashville for an appearance at Meharry Medical College in the run up to Super Tuesday.

Some excited Vanderbilt students met her at Hillsboro hotspot Fido’s, where she was accompanied by none other than Tony Goldwyn, from the ABC show Scandal.

One of the first in line to shake the hand of the person who could become the first female president of the United States was Jess Mahoney, a junior at Vanderbilt.

“It was the greatest moment of my life”, she said of meeting the woman she considers to be an amazing role model. Jess is a Political Science major and part of the Vandy for Hillary group on campus.

Vanderbilt student, Jess Mahoney, meets Hillary Clinton

The presidential candidate arrived at Fido’s at 1pm but many students had heard she was coming and waited in line to meet her.

Jess said: “She was so comfortable and genuinely excited to meet everyone”.

“She is often criticized for being impersonal but she was so consistent on the ground, just really happy to be there”.

Yesterday, Jess participated in a rally at the Vandy for Hillary HQ on Clinton Street. There, she met Tony Goldwyn, who plays the President of the United States in the hit ABC show Scandal.

Jess with Tony Goldwyn from hit show Scandal

Goldwyn has publicly endorsed Hillary Clinton’s campaign and told Jess he loves, “the amount of experience Hillary has”. According to Jess, “although Bernie Sanders has lots of great dreams, Tony doesn’t believe that Bernie can make these a reality for the American people. Hillary on the other hand has a clear plan and has been fighting for what she believes in since she was in high school”.

Goldwyn was also at Fido’s today and Jess talked with him again, taking a break from politics to talk about what he thought of Nashville. He said “I love it, I want to stay longer”.

According to Jess: “He wants to come back soon”.

Jess winning the selfie game

Keep your eyes peeled. You never know who you’ll bump into on your next trip to get coffee.

Vanderbilt