Everything seniors miss about how Vandy used to be

Freshmen – the Vandy you know is a lot different from ours

DKE

DKE always had the best music. Hands down (sorry SAE y’all’s is pretty sub-par). They also had a “loggers vs. joggers” day party my sophomore year. For no reason. I still don’t understand that theme.

Now they’re just a really good-looking group of guys who no longer have a house (FIJI is in the old DKE house).

Beta

This past semester the fresh and new Beta house made its debut. It looks stellar thanks to substantial alumni donations. Too bad Beta volunteered themselves to leave campus.

Beta Luau 2014. This might never happen again.

Lambda Chi

Most of you probably didn’t know many LXs. It doesn’t really matter now after they were kicked off in 2014. DTD now occupies Lambda Chi’s old house on campus.

My friends and I spent a lot of time at the LX off campus house. They were great guys. RIP.

An SEC-quality football team

There was a time when we had a winning record, even against SEC teams. No one can forget our destruction of UT in 2012. Except you, freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.

We went to – and won (!) – bowl games in 2012 and 2013. Hopefully in a couple of years Coach Mason will bring us back up there.

Celebration after a game?!

Sportsman’s

Sportsman’s was THE place once you were a sophomore. Receipt from Mapco as an ID? It has your name on it, come on in. However this year VUPD raided it and now no one goes there anymore.

People used to have fun here.

Shrooms guy

I don’t have a picture of him. But every senior remembers the kid from our freshman year who took a bunch of shrooms and jumped out of a Commons window.

Rumor has it he jumped out of an East window and chased a girl from his classes.

The OG Lonnie’s

The ability to stick bottle caps into the ceiling – perpetually leaving your starry-eyed freshman mark on a Nashville bar – coupled with decades of grime made the old Lonnie’s more endearing than the new one.

These students took advantage of Lonnie’s 18 and up policy.

P.F. Chang’s on the card

P.F. Chang’s wasn’t even on the card for a year before two students were caught having sex in the bathroom. Needless to say it was a great part of a year.

Unfortunately these two are no longer compatible.

This Mr. Commodore

Every Mr. Commodore has looked sinister. We’ve just transitioned from one version to another.

Mr. Commodore punching a student to the delight of others in the student section.

Dank New Rand

Remember freshman year when campus was so stoked that we had a whole new section of seating in Rand where Pi and Leaf now are? Of course most of you don’t.

But maybe you can imagine how much worse sitting in Rand was five years ago.

Believe it or not, this all used to be the campus bookstore before they moved it to Barnes and Noble

Vanderbilt