We’re the ‘Nasty Women’ of UVA

And we dgaf what Trump thinks

“Such a nasty woman”— though brief, and as always, in an obnoxious interruption, it was the comment heard ’round the world. If you are Patrick Star living beneath a rock under the sea and do not already know, Trump said this in the most recent debate in response to Hillary’s comments which alluded to his tax evasion.

As always, Trump’s own comments and actions, above all else, are what undo him. He has become a symbol for hateful speech and action toward women, and in 2016, are we seriously just going to fucking take it? It’s been a long line of crusty white guys in the White House, and we certainly don’t need one who is not qualified, intelligent nor even in possession of a sense of human decency. However, in lighter news, there has been an overwhelming response to his comment by women and men around the nation. “Nasty Woman” apparel is already up for sale.

However, we at UVA have got to keep the trend going, As real and “nasty” women, we must. 

Contrary to popular belief, women do not need the approval or confirmation of a man to be human, that’s just the patriarchy talking through an orange sprayed, corn-husked haired muppet. If Trump’s idea of what ‘nasty’ means for Hillary is that she is the most qualified person to ever run for office, has endured male criticism and sexism since the start of her career and maintains composure through constant portrayal as a modern day witch, then hell yes, thank you so much for calling me ‘nasty’ – made my day!

Yet, funnily enough, nothing here can be deemed as ‘nasty’ as stating that you can grab a woman by the pussy, because you know, when you’re famous they let you do that.

Our nasty women:

Fall in the tub

Give the stank face

Frown

Sleep in baby pools

Sit on the ground in parking lots

And post things online they probably shouldn’t.

University of Virginia