University Democrats endorse Jane Dittmar

Jane Dittmar supported for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District

The University Democrats have announced their endorsement for the Representative of Virginia’s 5th Congressional District. They have backed the Democratic nominee, Jane Dittmar. Their support is founded in the belief that Dittmar’s strong ties to the local community and temperament will enable her to enact lasting change in Washington.

Photo courtesy of janeforcongress.com

Jane Dittmar graduated from the University of Virginia with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics. She then went on to further her education in the Darden School of Business’s Executive Program and Virginia Tech’s Center for Public Administration and Policy. After founding her business as an undergraduate at UVa, she has since served on the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Supreme Court of Virginia.

Because of her strong ties to university life (she has a child who is a current Fourth Year) the University Democrats believe she can be counted on to support students in issues such as debt, and the funding of higher education. Their endorsement also lies in the belief that her skills as a local mediator will aide her in Washington.

Dittmar has been endorsed by Emily’s List, the Sierra Club, the League of Conservation Voters Action Fund, the National Education Association Fund, and President Barack Obama. The University Democrats are proud in their additional endorsement of Dittmar.

University of Virginia