Fall events around Charlottesville to get excited about

Grab your friends and get in the spirit!

Fall: the time for Pumpkin Spice Lattes, pumpkin carving, falling leaves and of course, Halloween! Charlottesville has a lot to offer when it comes to fun activities to make you forget all about that summer tan.

Picture taken from Carter Mountain Orchard website

Apple and Pumpkin Picking at Carter Mountain Orchard

Open 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, this cute orchard located in Charlottesville is the perfect destination for fresh apples and perfect pumpkins. Offering hayrides, apple butter, apple donuts and plenty of fall spirit, there is plenty for you and your friends to do. Check out their website for additional information on this quaint little orchard.

Carter Mountain Orchard is located at 575 Thomas Jefferson Parkway, Charlottesville, VA 22902

Picture taken from Cville Hop On Tour website

Crozet Hop On Tour

Fall is the perfect occasion to go explore many of the exciting breweries that are located around Charlottesville. This tour allows you to explore up to nine different breweries, including Bold Rock Cellar, Pollak Vineyards, and Blue Mountain Brewery. Just show up to Three Notch’d Brewing company any Saturday in October at 11 a.m., and hop on/hop off whenever you feel like it! Check out the website here!

Three Notch’d Brewing Company is located at 1934 Asheville Dr.

Colonial Fall Festival

If you are interested in getting back to The Time of good ol’ Thomas Jefferson, check out the Colonial Fall Festival and Craft Fair going on October 15th at Little Fork Episcopal Church. From 10:00 a.m. on, you can experience colonial games, fifteen craft vendors and of course: amazing fall treats! Check out the Little Fork here!

Little Fork Church is located at 16461 Oak Shade Road, Rixeyville, Virginia

Picture taken from Graves Mountain Lodge website

Apple Harvest at Graves Mountain Lodge

This exciting festival is coming up October 15th and 16th, from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. Filled with apple picking, hayrides, hay mazes, arts and crafts and clog dancing, this event is the perfect excuse for getting off of Grounds and into the fall spirit. Check out the website for more details here.

Graves Mountain Lodge is located at 3626 Old Blue Ridge Turnpike, Syria, VA 22743

University of Virginia