Kappa Delta’s 13th annual Corner Crawl tomorrow

‘Eat food and make the world a better place’

Do you like to eat good Corner food? Do you like helping kids?

If you answered yes to both of these, look no further than Kappa Delta’s 13th annual Corner Crawl tomorrow, Wednesday, October 12. This philanthropy event invites you to eat at 15 various locations on the Corner anytime from 5 to 10pm. That’s right, all you have to do is EAT! But besides the satisfaction of a non-dining hall meal, your participation has an even greater importance.

The Corner Crawl is an awesome event because all of the proceeds we raise go directly to Prevent Child Abuse America, with an emphasis on Prevent Child Abuse Virginia,” says Second Year Eliza Haverstock. “It’s a cause that’s important to me and my community, and something everyone can get behind.”

Get your friends together for a meal!

KD Philanthropy Chair Mandy Fogarty further emphasizes the importance of these particular charities. “What I really like about this event is while 20% of the proceeds benefit Prevent Child Abuse America, 80% of the donation ends up going to the local chapter, Prevent Child Abuse Virginia. This means that the majority of our money helps kids in our community, which is really special to us. All of Kappa Delta’s philanthropy initiatives relate back to confidence, and we love the work that PCAV and PCAA does to prevent child abuse and allow children to grow up to be confident individuals.”

Be on the lookout for KD girls with vouchers!

No KD chapter anywhere else in America does this philanthropy, which makes it even more special to the members who put time into planning it.

“The Corner Crawl is so easy to participate in because all you have to do is show a flyer at any of the 15 participating restaurants on the Corner…and a portion of your bill will go to PCAA and PCAV,” Eliza said. No registration is necessary.

KD sisters are handing out flyers at various locations up and down the Corner. “I talk myself out of eating on the Corner so often, and now there’s finally a good reason to try out places I’ve never been before while raising money for such a great cause,” Second Year Arpie Senopoulos said.

Mandy has very positive expectations for this year’s event. “We typically raise over $5,000 per year for Prevent Child Abuse America with this popular event. This year our goal is to raise over $7,000 for PCAA!”

Your 2016 participating restaurants are Lemongrass, Kuma, Revolutionary Soup, Fig, The Biltmore, Eddy’s, Poke Sushi Bowl, Christian’s Pizza, Campus Cookies, Got Dumplings, Crozet Pizza, Trinity, The Virginian, Insomnia Cookies, and Michael’s Bistro.

“Basically, eat food and make the world a better place,” Eliza says.

University of Virginia