Crossroads: The food lifeline of First Years

The epitome of anything a college student could ever want or need

One of the best things about UVA for sure has to be Crossroads. For those who are lame and do not know, Crossroads is the epitome of being a college student. Open until 2am on weekdays, “Croads” is one of the most reliable, constant things in the ever changing, and dare I say stressful, First Year life.

Conveniently Located

It cannot be stressed enough how often students crave food at midnight after a long session of studying or working out. The AFC, located just down the street from Crossroads, is open until midnight. After working out what’s better than recharging with a chicken burrito bowl (courtesy of the meal exchange)? As for studying, being in a library on central grounds is great for focusing, but after a while nothing is open anymore and a frappuccino from the Alderman café will simply not suffice.

Open Late

Walking to Newcomb can be a disappointment after 11 when the last mini restaurant is closed. Not to mention Runk, which always seems to be closed whenever you need it most. Let it be known that Runk is a good 10 minute bus ride away from new dorms and an even further walk through a wooded path. Due to distance alone it’s not worth it. It’s not Croads.

Wide Variety

Crossroads is always there for you when you need a pizza, a burger or a pseudo-healthy burrito bowl. You can use meal exchange, Plus Dollars, or your own money (no). Meal exchange is the only blessing of the unlimited meal plan.

Hunger Satisfier

Croads is not only an awesome place to get a late night snack (or second dinner), but it’s also an accessible place to buy groceries or toiletries. It’s safe to say that new dorms kids have it best – they’re just a few-minute walk away from satisfying any late night cravings. Shout out to my roommate’s beef jerky/Fruit Loops combo that Crossraods so generously filled late night.

Comfort 

I mean, if all of the food available until the early hours of the morning doesn’t win you over, then at least you can go for the AC. There’s nothing worse than being out at night in the humidity and walking into a late night campus eatery and feeling no change in temperature when you walk through the threshold (ex. The Castle, old dorms’ wannabe Crossroads). There’s no way you can enjoy a meal or buy groceries from a place so damp it feels like hot breath.

University of Virginia