UVA ninth best value college in America, says TIME

Wahoos can add ‘fiscally responsible’ to their list of accomplishments

As UVA students, our parents can rest easy knowing that in all the hours spent between football games and Survivor Hour, we can add “fiscally-responsible” to our “work hard play hard” philosophy.

In a recent list of ‘best value colleges’ put out by the MONEY College Planner section of TIME magazine, UVA ranks #9, just a few places Ivy League universities such as Princeton (#1) and Harvard (#3). Other state schools in the top ten include The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor at #2 and University of California-Berkley at #5.

MONEY’s list is based on three factors: quality of education, affordability, and outcomes (graduates earning, alumni skills, career services, etc.).

With financial aid, the estimated cost of tuition for the 2016-2017 school year is $12,000 (it comes in at $28,100 without aid). Approximately 27 percent of students get need-based financial aid, while three percent receive merit-based aid. The average SAT/ACT scores for admitted students are 1355 (SAT) and 31 (ACT). Early career earnings for UVA grads are approximately $55,400 a year.

University of Virginia