Where you live in Charlottesville and what it says about you

We’re on to the IRC posers

Considering the majority of people live off grounds after their first year, where you choose to reside says a lot about your preferences and personality.

In case you haven’t found housing for next year (in which case you’re screwed – the frantic housing search was in October, ya loser) we have compiled a list of where you live and what that says about you.

Old Dorms

You’re a first year.

New Dorms

You’re still a first year, but unlike those plebeians in old dorms, are a lucky first year, and you have AC.

Grandmarc

The New Dorms of second year.

You don’t mind the random stains from the projectile vomit from over the weekend – by this point you’ve gotten used to it.

You like to party. You also appreciate the intrinsic colors of Grandmarc’s maze-like walls. Not really – it looks like someone was tripping balls when they designed the floor plan for this place.

Do the hallways ever end? I can’t even imagine navigating these hallways in a drunken stupor. And why do the tiles on the floor always go missing? What is the appeal in stealing a floor tile?

The blinds. The furniture. The horror

Rugby Road

You’re so frat, bro.

You probably live in a house and it’s probably falling apart.

We’ll do you a favor and not include an image of your house. We don’t want your parents to stop paying your rent.

The Flats

You love random fire alarms and scenic, overpriced kitchens. You get the feel of a Brooklyn apartment and you’re close to the corner, yet a tad out of place in the big spectrum of things (i.e. your class in Gilmer – have fun with that one).

JPA

You’re an engineer.

Alternatively, you’re lazy, and like to be close to your classes.

Unless you live all the way by Fry Springs – why? What are you doing? You may have a bus stop in front of your apartment, but how’s that walk home going for you when the buses are out of service (i.e. Midsummers).

You always tell people you like that it’s quiet – aka, you don’t like the party.

Lambeth

You’re a second year. Or a confused upperclassmen.

Lambeth is a step up from dorms, no doubt, and at least having an RA helps alleviate potential ratchetness? We’re looking at you Grandmarc.

At least you’re near that cool amphitheater, right?

And you probably have amazing legs from walking up that hill every day.

Hereford

You’re earthy. You’re granola. Or a transfer who got placed in the bowels of grounds. Sources say that they haven’t seen their Hereford friends in weeks.

Brown

You’re artsy af. Or, you enjoy being smack in the middle of grounds. Who wouldn’t? Prime location… AND you get your own dining room. Nice.

IRC

You’re international (duh). Or at least you want to be.

You may also be living here just to get close to all of the international cuties. We’re onto you.

Spanish House

You want to be Enrique Iglesias. Or you really like Spanish food. Or, maybe, just maybe, you have a love for the Spanish language seeing it’s mandatory to converse in Español 24/7.

Ay, caramba!

French House

You like wearing berets. Or, you appreciate the vintage nature of this cute little house. Just look at it. Instant appreciation.

Shea House

You’re rational. You’re close to the corner, classes, and a fantastic amalgam of food.

Not to mention, each floor is specifically delineated per language, so you have a great community to engage.

Or, again, you’re on the prowl for some International cuties. We see you.

Sports Houses (Ski, Football, Swim etc.)

You like to party with your teammates. The exterior of your house may be dashing, but when you step inside the morning after, my God.

We’ll do you a favor and leave out photos, for now.

University of Virginia #charlottesville grandmarc housing irc jpa university of virginia uva