UT Austin ranked in the top 1 percent of universities in the world

Once again, we smashed Notre Dame

It’s been a busy two weeks for UT Longhorns. Not only did UT beat Notre Dame, ranked 10th nationally, to start the season strong as ranked 11th nationally, UT also performed exceptionally well in the QS World University Rankings for 2016-2017, clinching its position as the 67th best university in the world. It’s definitely the time of the Longhorn State of Mind.

According to QS World University Rankings, UT’s ranking this year rose by ten positions, although its overall score dropped by 3.8 points.

QS World University rankings are determined by a variety of factors including academic peer review, student to faculty ratio, citations per faculty, employer reputation, international student ratio, and international staff ratio.

While UT’s overall score may been dealt minor loss, we were given an exceptional score of 97.5 for our academic reputation and an impressive 96.1 for citations per faculty. We’re definitely playing with the big boys now, as even Yale University received a 100 for its academic reputation and a score of 65.2 for citations per faculty.

Coming in 5th worldwide in rankings for Communication and Media Studies and 36th in Natural Sciences faculty, UT’s latest bouts of success prove one thing is clear: it’s a new year, and we’re coming in Texas strong.

UT Austin