USC released a first look inside the Village’s residential colleges

The furniture was personally approved by President C.L. Max Nikias himself

The process of furnishing the USC Village’s 663 residences has begun, bringing the development project close to completion. With August fast-approaching, USC News released a short video with our first look into one of the new residential colleges.

The room shown is a two bedroom-suite— just one of 16 floor plans offered in the Village.

According to the university, it took them 18 months to select the furnishings for all of the rooms. Dan Moran of USC Housing and his team examined countless options at UCLA, Stanford University, the University of Arizona and the University of Utah, among others campuses, design studios and manufacturing plants in order to find the best pieces that would appeal to students with both their form and function.

Once the team chose a selection of samples, they set up trial configurations of rooms, which students, residential faculty, staff members and President C. L. Max Nikias were invited to test out before an official order was placed.

In the end, over 12,000 pieces were ordered, notably including mattresses made in Montebello which feature both a soft and firm side.

Everything is set to be installed in time for move-in day.

University of Southern California