Former USC-All American Keyshawn Johnson is opening a Panera Bread in the Village

You can’t raise a village without chicken noodle soup…

Two time first-team All-American and former USC wide receiver, Keyshawn Johnson, announced that he will be opening a Panera Bread franchise in the USC Village.

Johnson spoke about his past as a football player and about his current career in front of sports media students during a visit to campus on Wednesday, when he confirmed the restaurant’s debut. The USC alumnus graduated with a B.A. in social sciences and history. In 1996, he was the top overall NFL draft pick and moved to New York to play for the Jets. During his 10 year NFL career, he played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Carolina Panthers. Johnson retired with 64 touchdowns, 10,571 receiving yards, and one Super Bowl Championship.

He is now an ESPN Analyst and CEO of First Picks Management, which is an investment firm that stresses the importance of opening franchises. Since founding the firm, Johnson has opened several Panera Bread restaurants throughout California; his latest will be at his alma mater in the USC Village, which is expected to open for the fall 2017 semester.

Will it be next to the rumored Trader Joe’s, or the new gym? Stay tuned.

University of Southern California Keyshawn Johnson Panera USC Village