Corinne may suck, but Taylor is the real villain on The Bachelor

Nobody asked for your psychoanalysis, Taylor

For those who watch The Bachelor, the tension between Taylor and Corinne had been very apparent the past couple weeks. From the beginning Corinne as been painted as the crazy, dramatic villain, and, granted, Corinne is the worst.

But she owns it. Honestly, we all love to hate Corinne because she is the worst part of every girl. She is incredibly relatable for the worst reasons, but relatable none the less. We’ve all passed out too early at the party, made an ass of ourselves to show that we’re the #greatest and, most importantly, played to win. Therefore, it’s no surprise she has been a fan favorite. Most people don’t want her to win necessarily, but nobody wants her to be off yet.

On the other hand, the common first impression of Taylor was that she was relatively normal and an ideal contestant. With her Johns Hopkins degree and slightly icy composure, she seemed like someone relatively likable, especially because, like every other contestant, she is beautiful. However, as episodes went on, she continued to gossip incessantly about Corinne and her ice queen demeanor became less about her being a strong woman, and more about her being snobby.

As everyone knows with reality television, the drama is all in the editing. Also, the producers plan the majority of the drama on The Bachelor so makes good T.V. too, but Corinne and Taylor definitely have real tension. Corinne and Taylor have beef because Taylor thinks that Corinne has “a low emotional intelligence,” while Corinne just thinks Taylor thinks she is better than everyone else, which she definitely does.

Taylor and Corinne both have their flaws. At the end of the day, Corinne may be trash, but she owns her trashiness. Taylor instead chooses to hide behind her carefully composed facade, but too bad for her, both Nick and America have come to realize that she is the real villain of The Bachelor. Especially when they realized how little Corinne bad talked other girls while Taylor actually did. Constantly.

We all have met a Taylor in our lives. You may not know that you have met a Taylor, because she is a secret mean girl. The Taylors of the world are the type that make you feel uncomfortable in your skin with sole the cocking of an eyebrow and judgement in her tone; honestly, you would think that her eyebrows were uneven because her one brow is perpetually cocked and ready to judge you. Taylor, as well as most other mean girls, use the flaws of others in order to inflate their ego. However, Taylor’s bland personally is a huge flaw and probably the reason that her relationship with Nick seemed to slow down. But of course, in classic Taylor fashion she thinks she can do no wrong, though telling Corinne she has a low emotional intelligence really was wrong, even if it is true.

Taylor’s elitist attitude along with her professional and educational prestige contributes to her being the worst type of villain, one that makes everyone feel degraded. She is basically a throwback to the middle school mean girl we all know and hate. Belittling others isn’t cool, and nobody likes a know-it all. Johns Hopkins is a great university, but no university is prestigious enough for that bad an attitude.

University of Southern California Hide Images