UPDATE: Beyonce may no longer perform at Coachella

Queen Bey appears to be at least three months pregnant with twins

UPDATE 11:33 a.m. PST: Goldenvoice only found out that Beyonce was pregnant when she posted what’s now the most liked photo on all of Instagram. At this time, they do not know for certain if Beyonce, who had to spend time on bedrest during her uneasy pregnancy with Blue Ivy, will definitely be performing at Coachella, TMZ has learned.

The last three months have been an insufferable deluge of 24 hour news coverage of President Trump, but today, the spotlight was turned onto the only media mogul capable of breaking the cable news industry, internet and pretty much all of social media: the one and only Beyonce, who announced that she’s pregnant with twins.

While we cannot help but feel  hashtag blessed by more of that Bey progeny, one group of hopefuls has ample reason to be concerned. Beyonce, who appears at least three months pregnant (if not four), is scheduled to headline Coachella in April. This means that she would be performing well into her third trimester of pregnancy, which sounds, for lack of a better word, horrific.

Attended by pretty much everyone from Los Angeles and Orange County between the ages of 16 and 32, Coachella takes place in the middle of Indio in springtime. It’s sweltering, dusty, dirty, exhilaratingly fun and an absolutely terrible place for a pregnant woman.

While Beyonce certainly wouldn’t be relegated to using a porta-potty or waiting until 4 a.m. to take a shuttle back to Palm Springs, it’s still a highly discomforting place for anyone who isn’t in peak physical condition. Even performing in pristine conditions while six or seven months pregnant sounds brutal. But don’t take my word for it.

In 2011, Beyonce only performed four shows for her album 4 while pregnant with Blue Ivy. She even said, “When you’re pregnant, it’s a little bit harder to breathe, so it was hard doing all the choreography and singing at the same time.”

So where does that leave the rest of us who are now $400 out and eagerly waiting on Queen Bey to headline the best music festival on the West Coast?

Perhaps Goldenvoice will take a play from FYF, which replaced Frank Ocean with Kanye West in 2015 after the former didn’t have new material ready. After all, the collective, abject terror we all felt watching a nine months pregnant MIA at the 2009 Grammys still sears our pop culture nightmares. Watching Beyonce do the same in the desert surrounded by thousands of teenagers on drugs may prove too much to handle.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see, but it is Beyonce. And she never disappoints.

We’ve reached out to the Coachella press office, and will update with new information.

University of Southern California Hide Images