VOTE: Will Juju and Adoree’ return next year?

Congrats boys, you’re the biggest teases of 2016

In a year that’s mainly consisted of being blindsided by black swan, ‘up yours’ moments, unexpected events in 2016 have been terrifying. Mostly.

USC football has risen, a phoenix from the ashes, as one of the year’s greatest turnarounds, ending a season which began with Alabama — featuring none other than former Coach Lane Kiffin — handing us our worst season-opening loss at 52-6 to complete with our first Rose Bowl in eight years. It’s also worth noting that Kiffin is departing Alabama to become a head coach once more at the estimable Florida Atlantic. Whatever that is.

But now the real question emerges: will record-breaking wide receiver Juju Smith-Schuster and Thorpe award-winning cornerback and WR Adoree’ Jackson return to USC or depart for the NFL?

Although all the evidence points to Smith-Schuster and Jackson emerging as Top 10 picks in the NFL draft, both have compelling reasons to stay.

Smith-Schuster could complete another round of breaking records on the Trojans’ first real bid for the National Championships in years. Jackson could finally nab the Heisman Trophy, which he appeared to become a serious contender for earlier this year.

The two have certainly teased the issue in every forum from press conferences to Snapchats. After annihilating Notre Dame over Thanksgiving weekend, Smith-Schuster told the press:

“If Adoree’ comes back, I’m for sure coming back, and we’re going to win the natty,” Smith-Schuster said, referencing the national championship. While the Rose Bowl remains a massive variable in their decision, the teasing prospect of another year helmed by Jackson and Smith-Schuster is almost too good to be true.

It’s basically 2 a.m., Juju and Adoree’ just texted the entire Trojan family “u up?” and we can’t wait to find out if they’ll actually come around.

University of Southern California