Everything you need to know before the big game against UCLA

Are you sure you’re ready for Rose Bowl?

The game of the year is just around the corner where USC will face off against cross-town rival UCLA. The Trojans, coming off of a shocking win over the undefeated Washington Huskies are looking to defeat UCLA for the second straight year.

If this is your first year at USC or you’ve never been to a USC-UCLA game before, expect the unexpected.

UCLA fans will say you are from the University of Spoiled Children

For the majority of USC students this is completely false, but you probably already know that. Throw it back at them: “Well, there’s a reason why I didn’t choose UCLA.”

Working hard with Adoree’ Jackson and Grant Moore.

Traffic at the Rose Bowl is atrocious

It can take 45 minutes to travel 0.1 miles. Instead of Ubering or driving take the Metro Gold line and walk to a shuttle stop 2 blocks away or have a nice stroll to the game.

It will save you time and sanity.

Google maps saves lives.

You don’t have to tailgate – try touristing

Pasadena has a rich history and a variety of food options so if you are already there, why not grab an early dinner? Pasadena was founded 130 years ago and was the second city to be incorporated in Los Angeles County and holds numerous historical landmarks.

We are better at football than we were last year

Hopefully the Trojans will blow out the Bruins. Right now they have a losing record at 4-6 and USC has a 7-3 record after upsetting the undefeated Washington Huskies. The stage is already set for a big win.

There will be countless drunk college kids

No surprises – the importance of the football game is directly proportional to the amount people drink and the craziness of the tailgates…. and this is our biggest game.

Don’t bring a big bag

The Rose Bowl has also adopted the same clear bag policy of the Coliseum and the rules are very specific. According to their website, you can bring a 12 x 6 x 12 inch clear plastic bag, a one gallon freezer bag, a 4.5 by 6.5 inch clutch bag and if you have kids, a diaper bag. Also be careful — unsliced fruits and vegetables are NOT allowed.

Know who to watch on the field

Courageous describes our team well

Cornerback Adoree’ Jackson, #2, had a huge game against Washington with 2 interceptions, the last one deflating all hopes of a comeback. Sam Darnold, #14, has made a name for himself since taking Max Browne’s spot as quarterback, using his dual-threat capabilities to his advantage. Running back Ronald Jones II, #25, rushed for 93 yards and 1 touchdown and will likely do more against the UCLA defense.

USC fans have never been more ready for this game

Coming off of the combined pep rally and concert last night, students, alumni and football fans are looking forward to seeing Sam Darnold burn the defense like we burned the Bruin bear.

Conquest, the annual beat UCLA pep rally

By this time tomorrow, you will have mentally and physically prepared for the game ahead. Fans are half of the battle and the more people that distract the UCLA football team the better. USC fans wait for this game every year and we can only hope it will turn out in our favor.  Second time’s a charm, right?

University of Southern California