Everything you need to check off your bucket list while attending USC

A complete guide to the best school on earth

In its vibrant location near downtown Los Angeles, USC is like Disneyland for college students with unlimited ways to experience the school and the city. With August dawning upon eager Trojans itching to get back on campus, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the multitude of opportunities that USC has to offer.

Take it from a recent graduate – time flies at the best school on earth. Make sure to check each of these eight items off your bucket list to make the most out of your time at USC.

Kick the bottom of the light posts on your way to watch a football game at the coliseum for good luck

It’s August. Which means it’s almost September. Which means it’s almost football season. It’s a USC tradition to kick these specific light posts near the Expo line while you’re gallivanting over to the coliseum to watch the Trojans obliterate whichever team is unfortunately in their path.

Jump off the high dive at the Lyon Center

Okay, so don’t tell DPS we told you to do this. But if you can manage to go stealth and sneak into the Lyon Center pool in the dead of night, make sure to climb on top of the high dive to participate in one of USC’s oldest traditions.

Dance your way through Springfest in McCarthy Quad

With past headliners including Jamie XX, 2 Chainz, and Walk the Moon, USC’s annual Springfest concert is free to USC students and an event you can’t miss. What could be better than thousands of Trojans congregating in McCarthy Quad during the spring semester to enjoy free music? The food trucks and art vendors also consistently kill it.

Participate in the “Primal Scream” at midnight in Leavey Library during finals week

You scream, I scream, we all scream for… finals? The age-old USC ritual of screaming at the top of your lungs when the clock strikes midnight in Leavey Library during finals week is a necessary evil in your USC bucket list. Hopefully you’ll make it out before watching the sunrise, but if you’re still there at midnight get your vocal chords ready.

Legally enter the 901 Bar & Grill. Also, eat a classic dive bar meal at the fine establishment

The 901 Bar & Grill goes together with USC nightlife like peanut butter and jelly. You can’t have a typical night out at USC without ending up at the 9-0. When you’re legally of age, it’s a must to experience this legendary bar not only on a Friday night but during the day to watch a sports game. Their pizza fries and Buffalo wings are unforgettable.

Get a milkshake at Ground Zero Cafe

Catch a free live performance at the infamous coffee shop nestled right by New North. The milkshakes are to die for and the music is pretty great, too.

Go to a Visions & Voices event

If you’re looking for awe inspiring spoken word poetry, interviews with prominent social activists and thought provoking, free entertainment, Visions & Voices has answered your prayers. Speakers like legendary filmmaker Frederick Wiseman and accomplished playwright Suzan-Lori Parks are on the Fall 2016 roster for USC’s own humanities and arts enterprise.

Explore Los Angeles outside of the USC Campus

Attending USC presents an exciting opportunity to take full advantage of all that this cultural city has to offer. You’ll never be bored if you download apps such as “Five Every Day” which shows you five interesting things to do in Los Angeles daily.

Just like USC, Los Angeles inherently encourages its inhabitants to try new things and to step outside of their comfort zone. By seeing attractions like the Santa Monica Pier, the Getty museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), and the Griffith Observatory, you’ll be able to meet new people and immerse yourself in Los Angeles culture.

College is the perfect time to spread your wings and do things you normally wouldn’t before the stress of a full time job weighs upon your shoulders. This list will help you break out of the routine of every day life and create memorable experiences that will last a lifetime.

Perhaps the most valuable gift USC bestows upon its students is the irreplaceable opportunity to explore.

University of Southern California