Everything you missed at RuPaul’s DragCon 2016

Yas, Gawd!

RuPaul’s Drag Convention returned to the Los Angeles Convention center this past weekend, May 7th & 8th. Thousands attended the event, which celebrated self-expression and the art of drag.

Drag culture unites people of every shape, size, ethnicity, age, or end of the sexuality spectrum. DragCon reinforced that fundamental characteristic, and created an environment that was inclusive, warm, and friendly. It embraced the unconventional, and attendees were able to express themselves freely without any judgement.

The 210,000-square-foot convention floor was filled with vendors selling everything a fan needed to achieve their best extravaganza eleganza look: vintage gowns, glitzy jewelry, unique and vividly colored wigs, top-quality makeup (from brands such as Jeffree Star and J. Cat Beauty), fifteen-minute teeth whitening, nail painting, and exclusive Drag Race merchandise.

The convention also boasted various panels hosted by your favorite drag superstars, such as “Panthers on the Runway! Catwalk 101,” and “Wigging Out – The Art of Building Amazing Hair.”

Many queens also participated in autograph signings and individualized meet and greets with their fans.

The Queens

Willam, Season 4 contestant of RuPaul’s Drag Race, applies lipstick before her meet and greet with fans.

Season 6’s Milk twirls like a prima ballerina at her legenDAIRY booth.

Alaska, Season 5 runner-up, poses with a fan on the first day of DragCon.

Pearl, runner-up from Season 7 (and my personal favorite queen), during her meet and greet.

Ginger Minj smiles alongside some fans at her meet and greet.

Day Two Group Photo: (Left to Right) Pearl, Ginger Minj, Jiggly Caliente, Sherry Vine.

Judge Michelle Visage joins the queens for a photo.

Miss Phi Phi O’Hara goofs around with a fan.

Australian queen Courtney Act.

Ginger Minj during a Reddit interview.

Ivy Winters poses atop of peg stilts.

Katya signs an autograph for a fan.

Tempest DuJour poses with members of the Pit Crew.

Gia Gunn serving face prior to her meet and greet.

Alaska, wearing a pink wig the second day of the convenion, smiles at a fan during a meet and greet.

The Vendors

Highlights

Miss Coco Peru, comedian and YouTube sensation, prior to autograph signing.

Many of RuPaul’s ballgowns were on display at DragCon.

The Season 8 crown!

THE ATTENDEES

Look at that glitter beard!

Quick question- where can I get hair like this?

Sickening!

University of Southern California