Betsy DeVos has been confirmed, proving that any (rich) person can do anything they set their mind (money) to

Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you a spot in the Cabinet!

Just when we thought we couldn’t hand anyone less qualified than Donald Trump power over the entire fucking country, Mike Pence placed the final vote to confirm Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education.

Betsy DeVos, a literal billionaire who has never been close enough to a public school to throw a rock at it, is now in charge of educating the masses. She has no education degree or experience teaching, she doesn’t know that IDEA is federal law, andĀ thinks that bears are the largest threat to American schoolchildren.

This is a low-blow to anyone who cares about teachers, children with disabilities, or keeping Sunday school out of public schools even a little bit.

We all laughed when Trump suggested Ben Carson for HUD but at least he’s a neurosurgeon. I would rather have a rumored dementia-struck neurosurgeon teaching America’s children science than a woman who doesn’t believe in evolution.

I mean, fuck, I think we would all rather be mauled by DeVos’ grizzly nemeses thanĀ participate in her dismantling of 15 years of education legislation.

But hey, our legislators seem to think our cries of “hell no” aren’t loud enough — even when we have their phones off the hook for the entire month of January. I guess the only thing left to do is vote them out, hug a teacher, and remind everyone on the streets that kids with disabilities have rights.

Welcome to Trump’s America!

UNC Hide Images