How to go hard on LDOC Fall 2016

Make the most of it, it only happens twice a year

While spring LDOCs are all the rage, fall LDOC deserves some major love too. Even though spring LDOC signifies the end of another academic year at Carolina, fall LDOC reminds us that we’re only a few weeks away from end-of-year holidays and lots of good food.

Sure, it may be a little chilly, but that doesn’t mean this LDOC isn’t any less worthy of a night out. We’ve been waiting for this day since FDOC and now it’s here. While some serious exams and an all-too-short reading day follow behind LDOC, we’re given just enough time to let loose and relax before finding ourselves on the 8th floor of Davis.

Figuring out what to do can be a struggle, but don’t let the cold weather discourage you from having a good time.

Here are some easy ways to ensure that your first LDOC of the academic year isn’t a dud.

Go to a basketball game

If you’re not wanting to stay out in the cold, get warm in the Dean Dome this evening when the men’s basketball team takes on the Davidson Wildcats. Go cheer our boys on to another victory!

Utilize your dorm room

If you want to turn up, but don’t want to freeze, host a party in your room. All of the fun of going out without having to change out of your sweatpants. Order-in, blast some music and try to avoid getting shut down by your RA.

Watch something on TV

Spray it and lock it. It's almost time to take off in a rocket! ? #HairsprayLive

A photo posted by Hairspray Live (@nbchairspraylive) on Oct 21, 2016 at 7:00am PDT

It’s the event many of y’all have been waiting for all year and now it’s finally here. Round up all of your friends and relive your middle school days when Hairspray premieres on NBC tonight at 8pm. If you’re not a fan of musicals, take this time to binge watch your favorite TV show. Didn’t get to watch the coveted Gilmore Girls revival over Thanksgiving break? Well, now is the perfect time to give your brain a break and catch up on what everyone else has been talking about. Prepare your hearts.

Sleep

Honestly, I don’t think anyone would judge you for just sleeping the rest of the day once classes are done. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying some solid rest. Since the amount of sleep we’ll be getting during finals is probably low, use this time to catch some z’s and dream about being home for a few weeks.

Eat on Franklin Street

Take this moment as an opportunity to treat yourself and eat on Franklin Street. Go ball out on some pizza and froyo.

Whatever you decide to do this LDOC, enjoy it. You won’t get another one of these until April 2017.

UNC