How to register to vote online as a UNC student

With the internet, who needs human contact?

With the 2016 election cycle reaching its peak, you’ve probably been bombarded by seemingly harmless volunteers asking if you’re registered to vote at your current address. And while we all probably smile and answer “yes”, if you’re not registered to vote, you’re running out of time to do so.

The last day to register to vote in North Carolina is this Friday, October 14th.

While the presidential election might not be catching your eye, there are major state elections – including the governor and our representative for the U.S Senate — that will happen in November.

If you’re not registered to vote, but would like to (and don’t want to do it in the pit), the UNC Student Government has partnered with TurboVote, allowing UNC students to register to vote online. Once you’ve filled out the necessary information, students have the option to request an envelope to mail their registration form in or drop off their completed form to the Student Government suite located on the third floor of the Student Union.

Courtesy of UNC Student Government Executive Branch

So if you haven’t registered to vote yet, now is your chance. Your voice matters.

UNC