‘Say yes to streaking in Davis’: UNC seniors give their best advice for freshmen

Respect your elders

As we reach midterm season, we look to our elders for advice, kind words and encouragement. Freshmen are working away in the library while their older counterparts sip away at Pint Night, enjoying their last few days to collect Blue Cups.

By the way, freshmen, you have to collect Blue Cups (once you’re 21), and date them in Sharpie. They become cool decorations. We asked seniors for more important advice for the newest Tar Heels.

Katie

“If you and your high school love break up, don’t get back together in college.”

Juliette

“Always put in your hardest work at the beginning of the semester so once the end of the semester comes, it isn’t as tough.”

Brynn

“Every time you’re tripped by a brick monster (it will happen), be ready to laugh it off.”

Eric

“Do what you love. Follow your dreams and make decisions because you’re making them, not because someone convinced you to.”

Caroline

“Say YES. Attend events at Memorial Hall. Join an intramural team. Treat a professor to lunch at Sutton’s. CALL YOUR MOM. Bike to Maple View for ice cream. Introduce yourself to someone new every day. And cheer for our Tar Heels!”

Alex

“When your friend asks you to go streaking in Davis, say yes. It will get you energized for finals. Oh, and fuck calculus. Don’t be that person that cries about grades, it’s not worth it.”

Listen to your seniors, young padawans.

UNC