We asked Tar Heels to predict the UNC-Georgia game

‘I’m being confident. 103-100, Carolina wins’

Classes may have been going for over a week and the leaves may have already begun to turn, but fall truly starts with football. College football has is here, and the Tar Heels will look to build upon the Coastal Division Championship they won last season.

Carolina’s season kicks off Saturday evening in Atlanta, GA against the University of Georgia. For those lucky enough to be going, we who must remain on campus envy you. Cheer loudly.

For those of us that have to stay or aren’t lucky enough to attend in person, we will be scattered across Franklin Street, in our dorm rooms and our off-campus houses cheering on the Heels with everything we have.

We asked some students on campus to predict the game and, with one exception, all students anticipated a victory for the Heels on Saturday.

Caleb, freshman

“I predict a Carolina victory, 27-23.”

Gabe and Catherine, sophomores

“I’m being confident. 103-100, Carolina wins. I think we would all love to see a football game where over 200 total points were scored.”

Ashton, Thomas, Rachel, juniors

Ashton: “20-14.”

Thomas: “28-23.”

Rachel: “27-25.”

Betsy, a senior here at UNC, was the only person to predict a Georgia victory. She guessed Georgia would win by three points mainly because that’s what she had read from so-called “experts”. Matt, another senior, thought UNC would leave no doubt, defeating Georgia 45-27.

Hopefully these scores are somewhat true and the game is close, entertaining and ends in a Carolina victory. Welcome back, college football and “Here Comes Carolina!”

UNC