A golden retriever puppy named Scout is this week’s big pet on campus

He loves long walks in the park

Meet Scout, the 11-week-old golden retriever from Charlotte, NC. He has captured the hearts of those around him with his high-pitched bark and glossy chestnut eyes.

His owner, Macie Flynn, is a sophomore at UNC. Look out for Scout in the Pit today from 3-5pm as he takes on Chapel Thrill.

Favorite activities

FullSizeRender-5 new

Playing in the park. His favorite park is Freedom Park in Charlotte where he enjoys stealing tennis balls from other dogs.

FullSizeRender-7

Taking baths. While this may not be his favorite activity, he gets a 30-minute blowout session afterwards. He’s spoiled.

And road trips. Scout lodges himself onto the dashboard where he snoozes every¬†car ride away. But, he won’t be able to do this for much longer as he is expected to grow to be 85 pounds.

FullSizeRender-1

Naturally, he also enjoys sticking his head out the window to catch a breath of fresh air.

Favorite spot to sleep

Under the dining room table. As the Flynn family gathers for dinner, Scout enjoys a cat nap right by their feet.

Best trick

FullSizeRender-8

Shaking hands. Impressive note: he’s ambidextrous.

Favorite place to swim

Lake Norman. He took a two-second dip into the lake last week, but those eyes show how cold the water was.

You can follow all of his daily shenanigans on his Instagram, @scout_the_pupp.

UNC