The best cuddle spots on UNC’s campus

Graham Memorial cuddling is highly recommended

We got our first (and probably last) snow of the season and Tinder activity was at an all time high. Why? Because cold weather equals cuddle season and we’re all out here just looking for our perfectly fitting spoon counterparts.

Sometimes the urge to cuddle is so strong, you just can’t put if off until you get home or your roommate is gone. You and bae are already on campus, so where do you go?

My very real cuddle buddy – who totally exists – wasn’t around to look with me, so I brought along the next best thing. Since, again, my real bae wasn’t available.

8th floor Davis

It goes without saying the 8th floor of Davis is the first option. Take bae to the infamous, quiet floor of the library and read a book of poems to each other. Or just cuddle. Or…you know.

Student Stores

Also, did you know there is a reading area on the first floor of the UNC Student Stores? The Daily Grind is right there making hot chocolate and cookies accessible at all times. Plus, they have fun books with actual pictures in them back there. We haven’t seen one of those since before freshman year.

Art gallery

If you’re not in the mood to read, you can go admire the gallery in the Student Union together. I’ve never seen a couple cuddling there, but they should. There’s even mood lighting.

Meditation room

Many students go their entire UNC career without visiting the meditation room in the bottom of the Union, but it is perfect for cuddling. Somehow, you can’t hear any of the ruckus coming from the outside and there are even tiny, perfect pillows to lay on.

Top floor of Union

There’s always someone sleeping in the upstairs of the Union because it’s so darn quiet and the couches are remarkably comfortable. If you’re looking for a place to cuddle while enjoying the campus view from inside, this is it.

Graham Memorial

Graham Memorial is by far my favorite building on campus for it’s regal leather couches and cozy fireplaces. If you’re lucky, a music student will be playing the piano in the corner of the room so you and your S.O. can have some mood music.

I’m sure there are other nooks and crannies throughout campus perfect for a cold January day, but these will have to do for now. Spoon away, everybody.

UNC