Why you need to binge watch Parks and Rec this Winter Break

Because Lenoir is in Pawnee and we can prove it

It’s Winter Break and you need time to adjust to a month without assignments hanging over your head. What will you do with your day?

If “watch Netflix” is the first thing that comes to mind, let’s be friends. But what should you watch? I’m glad you asked. I highly recommend you watch NBC’s Parks and Recreation. Here’s why.

Netflix and chill? More like Netflix and tiramisu, am I right?

Parks and Rec is a sitcom with an award-winning cast, including Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Aziz Ansari, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe and Chris Pratt.

We watch as Leslie Knope, a control freak and leader of Pawnee, tries to develop the relationships within her government family so she can help her friend Ann Perkins build a park in her backyard.

Perhaps the show’s biggest appeal is almost every episode is quotable. The dialogue easily sucks you into the humorous story line.

Everyone can relate to a character in Parks and Rec. Are you similar to Ron Swanson, a gruff, meat-loving capitalist with a big heart? Or could you see yourself better as Tom Haverford, a try-hard entrepreneur with a love for high-end brands?

Or maybe you can relate the setting of the show to Chapel Hill. JJ’s Diner is definitely Ye Olde Waffle Shop. Eagleton couldn’t have a better counterpart than Durham. What Li’l Sebastian was to Pawnee has to be what Rameses is to UNC, but Li’l Sebastian unfortunately met an untimely end. Bye bye Li’l Sebastian.

After you finish watching, you’ll understand why people think Lenoir is in Pawnee. You might also understand why girls here make such a big deal over Galentine’s Day.

Whatever you decide to watch this holiday season, you deserve to sit back and relax. Treat yo’ self in 2015, Tar Heels.

UNC