Clef Hangers perform Christmas song mashup at LDOC Old Well Sing

It wasn’t quite on LDOC, though

The UNC Clef Hangers held their biannual LDOC Old Well Sing on Thursday. Originally scheduled for Wednesday, the last day of classes at UNC, the concert was postponed until the next day due to weather conditions.

The Old Well Sing is a celebration of the semester’s end and is also a free opportunity for the Clef Hangers to show off their talent.

Amanda and Dalaney chatted together as they waited for the Clef Hangers’ arrival

“It’s a break from studying,” junior Dalaney said.

While some students spent their reading day inside of a library, several showed up at the Old Well in the brisk 46 degree weather.

The Clefs sang an assortment of popular music, but the sprinkling of Christmas songs throughout the performance was what made this concert so special.

Students easily recognized “The Christmas Song” and “Grown-Up Christmas List.” The biggest treat was a song the Clef Hangers said was created that morning.

It began as “The Twelve Day of Christmas,” but soon it split into a unique combination of several holiday songs.

Naturally, the Clefs crooned James Taylor’s “Carolina in My Mind.”

The Old Well Sing ended with the signature Clef Hangers finish: a singing of UNC’s alma mater.

It was an excellent way to spend a study break.

UNC