We asked how UNC feels about Marcus Paige’s return tonight

‘It’s good we have our best player back otherwise we wouldn’t be winning’

UNC plays Maryland tonight at 9:35pm in the Dean Dome and the whole campus is ready for Marcus Paige to step back out on the court.

The season has been missing something ever since he fractured his right hand during practice almost a month ago.

The Fab Five has not been the same, but their missing link is back in play after much anticipation.

When news broke about Marcus’ hand, many people felt as if the season was over, since he made more threes than the rest of the team combined.

But now hope has been restored, so we asked how people felt about his return.

Katie, senior, Communications and Dramatic Arts major

Are you going to the game or plan on watching it? No, probably not.

How do you feel about Marcus’ return? I’m excited. I think it’s going to be a good season.

Do you think he will play better, worse or the same as before his injury? We’ll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Rebecca, junior, Political Science and History major

Are you going to the game or plan on watching it? No.

How do you feel about Marcus’ return? It’s good that we have our best player back, otherwise we wouldn’t be winning.

Do you think he will play better, worse or the same as before his injury? Maybe the same, or actually he might be better because he’ll be trying to prove himself.

Kyle, junior, Political Science and PWAD major

Are you going to the game or plan on watching it? Yeah, I’m going…Phase 3.

How do you feel about Marcus’ return? I’m excited because we haven’t played very well without him. We’ll see how he plays with that messed up hand now.

Do you think he will play better, worse or the same as before his injury? I don’t think he’s going to blow anyone away…maybe a decent game.

Jackson, sophomore, Sports Administration EXSS major

Are you going to the game or plan on watching it? I’m going…Phase 2.

How do you feel about Marcus’ return? I feel good. I feel like he’s going to be excited and ready to play. It may take a while to get his shot back into form.

Do you think he will play better, worse or the same as before his injury? I think it could be hard to tell, but eventually better.

Dana, freshman, Global Studies major

Are you going to the game or plan on watching it? I’ll probably watch it if I get my work done.

How do you feel about Marcus’ return? Excited. It’s good because it might be bad if he wasn’t [back]. It’s good timing.

Do you think he will play better, worse or the same as before his injury?“Better because he’ll have more motivation.

Connie, freshman, Journalism major

How do you feel about Marcus’ return? I’m glad he’s back…It’s only good news.

Do you think he will play better, worse or the same as before his injury? That’s up in the air. It could go a lot of ways, but probably the same or better because of all the hype.

Basil, freshman, Biology major

Are you going to the game or plan on watching it? I’m going to watch it.

How do you feel about Marcus’ return? I’m excited. We need somebody that can mesh the team together again.

Do you think he will play better, worse or the same as before his injury? He’s going to be…all cylinders going…so better.

Chad, freshman, Business major

Are you going to game or plan on watching it? I’m going.

How do you feel about Marcus’ return? Excited. We need an outside score other than Justin Jackson.

Do you think he will play better, worse or the same as before his injury? He might be a little rusty, but he’ll get back into the swing of things.

Jenny, sophomore, Computer Science major

Are you going to game or plan on watching it? I’m going…Phase 2.

How do you feel about Marcus’ return? I’m pumped. I have friends coming in for the game.

Do you think he will play better, worse or the same as before his injury? Probably a little worse. I haven’t seen him since last season, so he could have gotten better over the summer.

Jessica, sophomore, Biology and Chemistry major

Are you going to game or plan on watching it? Yeah, I’m going…Phase 1.

How do you feel about Marcus’ return? I’m excited. I love Marcus.

Do you think he will play better, worse or the same as before his injury? It wasn’t his main shooting hand, so I would think better, but we’ll see.

From the pre-season poll, UNC is ranked first and Maryland third, so it’s sure to be an eventful game no matter what. Make sure to tune in and see how the triumphant return goes down.

Whether you are going or watching, excited or pumped, rooting for UNC or Maryland, we can all cheer for the return of Marcus Paige and hope for a successful season.

Go Heels!

UNC