We show you how to dress for fall at UNC

Carolina girls, best dressed in the world

Carolina girls, when not wearing their standard Norts and an oversized tee, are some of the best dressed, arguably, in the state.

We picked the hottest and most wearable trends from New York Fashion Week to showcase here. From knee high boots to chunky sweaters, this guide will show you how to wear the newest styles around campus.

Sneakers

“Athleisure” is athletic clothes that can be worn in the gym or out to dinner. This trend has soared recently and is perfect for walking to class or going to Bobs. Tired of regular Nikes? Try Rag and Bone or Alice & Olivia tennis shoes.

Distressed denim

The old pair of ripped jeans you put in the bottom drawer will now be your go-to pants. Wear with a graphic tee to go to class or a silk top to dinner.

Over the knee boots

Worried about the cold weather? These boots will be your life saver when the temperature drops. This season we have seen taller and tighter over the knee boots that give a never ending illusion.

Wear with a flouncy mini skirt if you are trying to look sexyyy or an oversized sweater to and from. You can add flavor with over the knee socks sticking out around your thigh.

Chunky knits

Designers have answered your biggest prayers. Comfy but slimming boyfriend sweaters are now in style. Throw over a dress or leggings for an effortless look.

Flare jeans

70s style is back. Flare jeans will not only make you look a size smaller, but will also add two inches to your height. Wear with a pair of wedges for an extra effect or a crop top to complete the look.

Ankle boots

Want a shoe to slip on to finish any outfit? Try these. The baby heel will give you a toned look without giving you blisters.

Winter cream

Tired of wearing black? Every designer from Ralph Lauren to Peter Pilotto has come out with their version of this fall’s winter cream. Sweaters, trench coats, and skirts – no matter what, this snowy color will modernize your outfit. Pair with warm neutrals.

Other styles to look out for this season: ribbed jeans, bucket bags, car wash skirts, lace up flats, puffer coats, intricate hosiery, statement earrings and square pockets.

(Photographed: Adelle Bortz, Emily Gray, Eleanor Hodge, Hannah Stewart, Isabel Herring, Kelly Madigan, Celeste Pritchard, Hailey Self, Caroline Zimmerman, Ali Bard, Caitlin Kram, Sarah Lack, Maria Aviles, Hannah Silver)

UNC carolina chapel hill durham unc north carolina student students tar heel tar heels the tab unc unc unc campus unc students university of north carolina