The U Part 3 is coming – just wait on it

For all of those who love the Canes as much as I do

Since the day I was born I bled orange and green. Growing up in a Hurricane household I grew a hatred for teams like FSU or Florida. I always wanted to attend The University of Miami, ever since I was a kid.

The day I found out that I got accepted to the U, the first thing I did was watch the ESPN 30 for 30 The U. After watching the amazingly crafted documentary I knew I would love this school for the rest of my life. Then during my first semester here The U Part 2 came out, which focused on our championship in 2001. In my opinion we should have also won in 2002, but the refs had other plans.

The thing about going to such a great school is that there are always going to be haters out there; but we must be doing something right if we haters, right? I know for a fact that all the haters we have are just people who are jealous they didn’t go here. There is nothing better than being a Miami Hurricane, especially when we are doing well in sports.

Don’t worry my fellow Canes, The U is on the rise yet again. After the 2015 basketball season, it’s official: we are a basketball school, and a top 15 ranked basketball school at that! All thanks to our great Head Coach Jim Larranaga.

Over the past four years he has drastically improved our team as a whole, convincing top recruits to transfer/commit to our program. And in the past two years Coach L has led our basketball team to the NIT Tourney Championship game, followed by leading us to the Sweet 16. Coach L has completely turned our basketball program around and there is only room for improvement from here on out. I have faith that Coach L will lead us to the promise land, and you should too.

On top of that, we are also currently a top 5 baseball team – now all that’s left is football.

The heart and soul of our school is our football program. From the mid 80s on, Miami has been infamously known as a top football school. With players like Michael Irvin, Clinton Portis, Jimmy Graham, Greg Olson, and Devin Hester, Miami has always produced NFL products. This past weekend at the NFL draft we saw another two of our very own get picked in Artie Burns and Deon Bush, going to the Steelers, and Bears, respectively.

Now, we have Mark Richt coming from another top football program in the University of Georgia. Returning to his alma mater, Coach Richt has a deep connection with the school as well as the people in the South Miami area. He’s leading the charge for our football team, which everyone can say, is an upgrade from Al Golden. I believe Coach Richt will bring back to old flare and swagger that our team had back when we were winning championships on a consistent basis. We have all the pieces to be as good as any team in the nation, a great QB in Brad Kaaya, a talent filled defense, and a great coaching staff. I have faith that the Brad Kaaya-Mark Richt combination will lead to great success and you all of you should too.

Coach Richt makes the U

Basketball and baseball have already put the nation on notice that The U is coming back stronger than ever, now it’s our football team’s turn. The U Part 3 is coming soon, I just know it! ESPN, you better get ready for another 30 for 30.

University of Miami